Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Why all the hate?

I've read a lot of posts from people claiming to hate based on political views. I want to know why you would hate me because of my views?

I don't want to stop you from worshipping the way that you want; I only want the right to worship the way that I want, and to do so without you hurling insults and/or rocks at me.

I would prefer not to see homosexuals OR heterosexuals engaging in anything even remotely sexual in public; I do want the right for consenting adults to engage in whatever sexual activities they chose to so long as it is done in private.

I don't want to see abortion become a commonly accepted practice for unwanted pregnancies; if I feel that it is in my best interest to end my pregnancy, I want to have the right to do so. If it is a mortal sin, so be it. It's my body, my life and my soul, and I don't need or want your salvation.

I don't want you to stop living your life according to the morals and values that you hold dear, nor do I want your children to be taught anything that is contrary to those beliefs; I do want the right to live my life according to the morals and values that I hold dear. As long as my actions don't result in the loss of life or limb, or put anyone in harm's way physically, mentally or financially, what business is it of yours?

The next time you feel like you hate someone, ask yourself: What would Jesus do?

Yelling, screaming and hurling insults at me will only drive me farther away, but perhaps if you showed a little respect, a little compassion, if you actually talked to me, I would listen to you.

I might even agree with you.

But first you have to stop yelling at me about how much you hate me.

1 comment:

Love, Rita said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I just took a look at yours and it really did my soul a world of good to know that someone else out there shares my views on so many issues. I especially enjoyed your post on "outsourcing". I had a very bad experience with outsourced customer service a few years ago--you are right on the money!!

Great blog...I'll visit again, I'm sure!